Sunday 25 October 2009

So Near Yet So Far

So Near Yet So Far
(I pined for my home and my folks)

So near yet so far.
My hands could caress.
My heart could embrace
And plant with kisses.

My soul reaches out.
My heart calls out.
My emotion yearning
To cling and embrace the feeling.

But alas! They are only shadows.
They are rainbows.
They are silhouettes.
Emptiness and guilt!

Long have I yearned
To get closer to all that I have missed.
Family, friends, the river and laughter shrills,
The pepper gardens, the rice fields and the hills.

Let me feel the love I have lost.
Let me feel the life I have abandoned.
Let me feel the pulsation and vibration
Of the Bee community.

But alas! The current is too strong.
It’s dragging and pulling me along.
Faster and further away.
I’m hapless come what may.

I know this is my destiny.
Anguish that I may be.
Try as hard that I may see.
I still couldn’t be in proximity.

I leave my fate to God.
He can see what good He brought.
That I follow my destined path.
To my very last breath no fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment