Wednesday 16 December 2009

Mother

Mother dearest.
You left us for nearly 60 years today.
You are now far far away.
Among the millions of stars in the Milky Way.

I tried to remember your loving arms.
I tried but there was none.
You left me too early.
I was still a baby.

From what I was told.
You were a kind-hearted soul.
Helpful, hard-working bumble bee
An asset to the community.

I had one vivid memory of you.
I suppose a gift so true.
Minutes before your last breath.
I crawled to your side and you held me in a tight embrace.

Couldn’t forget that look in your face
The tears, the torment and the sadness
It had always haunted me
I didn’t know then what could it be?
Now I know - it was the pain
of abandoning your loved ones.

Mother dear, I may not have felt your love.
But I pray you are happy up above.
Have you met father?
He loved and followed you ten years later.

We know you are together again.
Don’t worry, your children are in the right lane.
You’ll be happy to know
we have carried your name like a rainbow

Rest in peace both of you.
We love you so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment