Thursday 3 December 2009

My Retreat

My Retreat

(Having worked so hard in trying conditions, there will come a time when you want to have a complete rest and shut out all else from your mind and soul. You want to rejuvenate your mind and body. Each one of us have different ways of doing it. In my case I want to go to my retreat and be surrounded by nature)

The brook gurgles its way down over rocks and crevices,

In unhurried pace in a timeless world – priceless.

Its silky sounds soothing away my battered mind.

Unraveling the knots the world has bind.

A gust of the eternal wind caresses my face,

wiping away the dust and frustration’s haze.


Deep in the shade, my mind rejuvenates.

My spirit returning and strength mended.

Against the cloudless blue sky,

Birds hither and thither fly.


Riding and chasing the pregnant wind.

Living a simple life, pure and clean.

As I lay down, the soothing sounds my thoughts drown.

I’m floating, uncaring and devoid of frowns.


Gazing at the unfathomable and infinity dark blue sky.

What lay therein are beyond the comprehension of you and I.

At night a million friends keep me company.

Even a few light years away the stars twinkle down on me.


The moon smiles and brightens my retreat in soft gray light,

Bidding me a sweet dream and a good night

This retreat of mine is really an amazing magic.

A couple of days are enough to iron out the tragic

effects of the world gone mad.

My retreat, my rejuvenator – I’m so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment