Thursday 10 December 2009

Strangled by a Ghost

The Big Clock chimed. Midnight!
All were dead still under the dim light.
Streets deserted.
Lights flickered.

The moon shone lazily.
Creating shadows dancing eerily.
I walked fast.
Reach home I must.

Dared not look about.
Evil spirits every where, no doubt.
Looking for the right moment
When I’m most uncertain.

My door was already open!
And knew ‘twas imminent.
I sat on my bed,
Pretending, trying to be brave.
An ancient wisdom of strength and solace.

The door opened slowly.
But I could see nobody.
I trembled and felt helpless.
Felt a vice grip on my throat.
Couldn’t move, couldn’t shout.
A helpless situation no doubt.

I was slipping into unconsciousness.
With sheer determination and breathlessness
I managed to shout “Allahu Akhbar!”
Felt the grip loosening.

Like a drowning man I woke up.
Gasping and kicking!
The shouts in my ears still reverberating.
I was thinking and wondering,
Was it real or was I dreaming?

I felt the goose bumps creeping.
Indicating the presence of invisible beings.
That was a terrible dream really!
It left my thoughts tipsy turvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment